What to eat: the Ciambella Cervese recipe
One of the typical Romagna desserts is certainly the Ciambella, whose origin is lost in the mists of time. Typical baked dessert in loaves to be cut into slices or round loaves, with the addition of eggs, sugar and butter, it ensures prolonged energy even for those who carry out intense activities (excellent snack for cyclists!!). Here is the recipe:
- 1 kg of flour
- 500 g of sugar
- 2 sachets of baking powder
- Whole eggs
- Grated lemon zest
- 250 gf of butter
- Milk to taste
- Melt the butter in a bain-marie
- Mix all the ingredients trying to obtain a soft dough
- Put into the mold (previously buttered) dividing the dough into three loaves
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes at 180 degrees
- Before enjoying the donut, let it cool down for the necessary time.
Please, the eggs must be left at room temperature for at least two hours before being used.
Enjoy your meal!